BurlingtonEnglish is an online digital solution for language learning. Burlington English Inc. takes the privacy of its customers seriously. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy while providing a personalized and valuable service.
In the event that you provide us with personal information for the purposes of free registration and you later make a purchase, whether directly from us or through one of our e-commerce partners, your privacy rights will be protected according to our stated policies and the stated privacy policies of these partners, which will be posted and available for your review at the time of purchase.
2. Information Collected
Personal information is collected by Burlington English Inc. We collect personally identifiable information about you (your "Data") through:
• The use of inquiry and registration forms.
• The purchase process when you buy any of our products or services.
• The provision of your details to us either online or offline.
• The use of BurlingtonEnglish products and/or systems.
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
• Job title
• Company name
• Home, shipping and billing addresses, phone and fax number
• Mobile telephone number
• Email address
• IP address and browser information
• Market research data such as customer usage patterns
• Audio recordings generated through the customer’s use of BurlingtonEnglish products and/or systems
3. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Data for purposes which may include:
• Providing our customers with a personalized service.
• Processing orders, registrations and inquiries.
• Conducting market research surveys.
• Measuring interest in and improving our website, products and services.
• Providing you with information about the products and services we offer. You may stop the delivery of marketing materials by following the instructions accompanying a particular communication or by contacting us.
• Resolving disputes, collecting fees, and troubleshooting problems.
We use the information you provide when placing an order to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except (1) To the extent necessary to complete that order, or to provide services where the outside party is acting on our behalf and has no independent right to use the information we provide (e.g., third party shipping, business analytics, or customer support), or (2) To successors in title to our business, or (3) In accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, or (4) As necessary, at our sole discretion, to protect the perceived rights, safety and property of Burlington English Inc., users of our websites, and the public.
The audio recordings generated by your use of the BurlingtonEnglish products and/or systems will solely be used by BurlingtonEnglish for the purpose of product development and enhancement.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when Personal Information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified):
• To build up marketing profiles.
• To aid strategic development.
• To audit usage of the site.
We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
• Identifying returning users and registrants.
• Enabling you to move more easily around our site.
• Tracking your use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with your requirements.
• Building up a demographic profile.
If you do not want to help us learn how to improve our site, products, offers and marketing strategy, you may choose to set your Web browser to not accept cookies. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the 'manage cookies' section. Alternatively, go to the help menu within your Internet browser.
From time to time we may permit third party companies to set cookies on our sites for purposes which may include market research, revenue tracking or to improve functionality of the site.
5. Security Policy
Burlington English Inc. has set appropriate measures in place to help ensure that your Data is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that our security systems could be breached.
6. Access to Data and Contact Information
You may request a copy or send a correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at:
Burlington English Inc.
4800 N. Federal Highway, Suite E-207
Boca Raton, FL 33431
We may charge the allowable fee under applicable law for provision of this information.
7. Children Under 13
This site is not intended for use by persons under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 13 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
8. Changes to this Policy